Potato roll with ground meat is an ideal second dish that combines a side dish and meat. A simple technology will not cause difficulties even for beginners. The total cooking time is 2 hours 35 minutes.
1medium onion, chopped
2 small garlic clove, crushed
1lb ground turkey
6⅓ oz parmesan cheese
1fresh chili pepper
2 tablespoon italian parsley (chopped)
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon rosemary or 1/4 teaspoon basil
1 tablespoon all purpose flour
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon dried oregano
oil for cooking
1. Wash the parsley, cut into small pieces. Chop the onion.
2. Branching with vegetable oil, put onion, fry over medium heat, stir occasionally until onion is soft with brown tones.
3. Add ground meat to the pan at room temperature. Fry until ground meat is cooked. 5 minutes before the end add salt, bay leaf, black pepper and other spices to taste.
4. Add to a plate, remove bay leaves, add parsley. Cover the fried ground meat with onion lid. The filling should cool to room temperature.
5. Rinse the peeled potatoes in running water and cut into medium sized slices.
6. Put the pieces in a pan, pour cold water. Bring to a boil, lightly salt and cook over medium heat until cooked (20-40 minutes).
7. Drain the water, add warm milk (optional), mash potatoes. It is better to use a mixer or blender. Cool mashed potatoes to room temperature.
8. Add a chicken egg, mix with a spoon until a mass is obtained.
9. Add flour, mix again. The dough for potato roll should be tight and not stick to your hands. If the workpiece is liquid, add more flour.
10. In the remaining egg, separate the white from the yolk.
11. Cover the kitchen table with baking paper or cling film, lightly grease with vegetable oil. Put the potato dough on paper (film), smooth with your hands or a spoon in the same layer with a minimum thickness of at least 1 cm.
12. Put the stuffing from the ground meat on top, add parmesan cheese. Leave free space at the edges of the dough for at least 1.5 cm on each side.
13. Carefully roll the dough with the filling into the potato roll, lifting the baking paper by one of the edges, while holding the edge of the dough with the filling.
14. Put the folded roll onto a baking sheet with vegetable oil. Grease with egg yolk, sprinkle the seasame seeds on the top of the roll.
15. Bake potato roll with minced meat in the oven at a temperature of 180 ° C until cooked for 30-40 minutes (a brown crust should appear).
16. Take the finished dish out of the oven, cool slightly, then divide it into portions with a sharp knife and serve with sour cream.